These treats are super crunchy and made with all-natural ingredients, make sure to check that your peanut butter is free from xylitol. Xylitol is a sweetener that some brands use to flavor the peanut butter, perfectly fine for humans but toxic to dogs.
For this recipe, we cut the dog treats into bone shapes using a cookie cutter. Cut your dog’s treats any shape you prefer, your pup really won’t mind! There are cookie cutters available shaped like dogs, paws, or kennels, which will all achieve a true dog treat look.
Homemade Grain Free Peanut Butter Dog Treat
- Mixing bowl
- Oven tray x 2
- Rolling Pin
- Cookie cutter
- 20 oz brown rice flour
- 3 oz oat flour
- 6 oz water
- 4 oz natural peanut butter
- 4 oz pumpkin puree
- Preheat an oven to 175°C.
- Into a mixing bowl combine the brown rice flour and oat flour, stir to evenly mix the dry ingredients.
- Then pour in the water, peanut butter, and pumpkin puree. Begin by mixing the ingredients using a wooden spoon or spatula then turn out the mixture onto a work surface.
- Knead the dough until firm and tightly come together.
- Using a rolling pin roll the dough out to 0.5cm thickness and cut using a cookie cutter.
- Transfer the cut dog treats to the oven trays lined with parchment paper.
- Repeat until all of the grain-free peanut butter dog treats are cut, then place the trays in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the baked treats from the oven and allow to cool. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week or in the refrigerator for up to 1 month.