These really are a treat as bacon grease is not the healthiest of options for a pup, but served amongst a balanced diet it is perfectly fine for your dog to enjoy.
We cook these dog treats as a tray-bake which are then sliced after cooking, meaning less mess and hands-on work. A traditional cookie recipe with the delicious addition of bacon, store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Homemade Dog Treat with Bacon Grease
- 3 whole egg
- 4.5 oz bacon grease
- 1.5 oz bacon, chopped
- 8.5 oz milk
- 4 oz water
- 21 oz whole-wheat flour
- Preheat an oven to 175°C and line two baking trays with parchment paper.
- Into a mixing bowl add the eggs and beat lightly, then stir in the bacon grease, bacon, milk, and water.
- Pour the whole-wheat flour gradually into the wet mixture, stirring continuously to combine.
- Once the dough is set divide the mixture between two baking trays.
- Roll out the dough to the shape of the tray and uniform thickness.
- Bake in the preheated oven for40 minutes then remove from the oven.
- While the dough is still warm, turn out onto a chopping board and cut into small cubes, depending on the size of your dog.
- Allow the homemade dog treats with bacon grease to cool then store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.