Crisp and crunchy dog biscuits are the perfect treat for your canine companion, packed with healthy ingredients. Make a big batch of this recipe and stock up for the month or treat your puppy friends to this delicious snack.
Flax seeds contain high levels of omega-3 which is essential for maintaining a healthy coat, promotes growth, and eases joints. Meanwhile cinnamon helps to regulate blood sugar and pumpkin is a superfood for dogs, especially for aiding digestion.
Pumpkin Dog Treat Recipe With Whole Wheat Flour
- Baking tray
- Mixing bowl
- Rolling Pin
- 8 oz Pumpkin Puree
- 9,5 oz Whole Wheat Flour Plus Extra For Dusting
- 2 oz Flax Seed
- 1 tbsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 oz Water
- Preheat an oven to 175°C and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Into a mixing bowl add the pumpkin puree, flour, flaxseed, and cinnamon.
- Stir the ingredients to combine the press together using your hands.
- Depending on how wet the pumpkin puree is you may need to add extra water. Add the water gradually until the dough comes together.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured surface then roll to 0.5cm thick.
- Cut the pumpkin dog treats with a cookie cutter, then place them onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Place the baking tray in the preheated oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove the treats from the oven and cool at room temperature to allow them to set hard and crispy. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week or in the refrigerator for up to 1 month.