Plain yogurt contains protein, calcium, vitamins, minerals, and probiotics to boost your pet’s nutrition. Greek yogurt is preferred as it contains lower levels of lactose which can upset some dog’s digestion, also ensure that the yogurt is plain and free of sweeteners.
Pumpkin is always a recommended choice, the benefits of which include; low in calories, high in fiber which promotes digestion, and a good source of carbohydrates to provide energy. The combination of pumpkin and yogurt therefore makes for a great meal at any time of the day, serve the pumpkin completely pureed completely or as a chunky mash. Once the pumpkin puree is ready it can be used within the recipe or various other healthy dog recipes, including pumpkin dog treats.
Pumpkin Dog Food Recipe With Greek Yoghurt
- Medium saucepan
- Dog bowl
- 4.5 oz plain greek yogurt
- 4 oz pumpkin, peeled and diced
- 2 oz banana
- 0.5 oz pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- Place a medium saucepan on medium heat and add the pumpkin. Cover the pumpkin with water then bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat of the pan to a simmer and cook the pumpkin until tender, approximately 20 minutes.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and add the banana. At this stage either mash or puree the ingredients, to mash crush roughly with a potato masher, or to puree blend until smooth.
- Allow the pumpkin and banana to cool slightly then stir through the ground ginger.
- Serve in a dog bowl topped with plain greek yogurt and pumpkin seeds as a bright nutritious breakfast or meal throughout the day.