Ideal for transforming your jack-o’-lantern flesh into a tasty meal for your pup. The essential components of this dish are pumpkin, protein, and carbohydrate, vary your dog’s diet using chicken, pork, tuna, or beef and try carbohydrates such as potato, barley, or oats.
Our recipe is perfect for batch cooking, scale up this recipe for the entire week, or freeze individual portions for a quick and convenient, healthy meal. Guaranteed to satisfy your canine companion with deliciousness and nutrition.
Homemade dog food with Pumpkin and Turkey
- Medium saucepan x 2
- 1 oz canola oil
- 5 oz raw turkey breast, diced
- 3.5 oz pumpkin, diced
- 7 oz water
- 12 oz rice
- 2 oz peas
- Place the rice into a medium saucepan and cover with water, 5cm above the rice. Transfer the saucepan to medium heat and bring to a boil, cook the rice for 10 minutes or according to packet instructions.
- While the rice is cooking, prepare the rest of the meal. Place a medium saucepan on medium heat and add the canola oil.
- Once the pan is hot, add the diced turkey to sear on all sides for around 2 minutes.
- Then tip in the pumpkin and sweat for 2 minutes.
- Pour the water into the pan and bring to a simmer, cook the pumpkin and turkey for 10 minutes. Until the turkey has cooked through and the pumpkin has softened.
- Next, add the peas to the pumpkin and turkey, cook for 2 minutes. When the sauce is thick and reduced remove the saucepan from the heat.
- Allow the rice, pumpkin, and turkey to cool slightly then serve the homemade pumpkin dog food to a very lucky pup.