It’s likely that you will already have these everyday ingredients in your cupboards, a combination of peanut butter, rolled oats, and apple sauce. The ingredients are brought together in a mixing bowl, rolled into small bite-sized balls then refrigerated to set, it couldn’t be any easier!
Our peanut butter dog treat recipe can easily be multiplied to create a large batch and the size of the treatment can be adjusted depending on the dog. This version is also human-friendly so allow your dog or yourself to taste-test as you prepare. Store in the refrigerator to keep the treats firm and use within 2 weeks.
Easy Peanut Butter Dog Treat Recipe with 3 Ingredients
- Mixing bowl
- 8.5 oz smooth peanut butter
- 3 oz apple sauce
- 3 oz rolled oats
- Into a mixing bowl add the peanut butter, apple sauce, and rolled oats.
- Stir the ingredients to combine.
- Using your hands remove approximately 20g of mixture and roll into a tight ball. (The size of the treatment can be adjusted depending on the size of the dog.)
- Place the peanut butter dog treat onto a tray then repeat, continue to roll until all the mix is finished.
- Transfer the tray of peanut butter dog treats into a refrigerator and allow to sit for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes the treats should be firm and set, then place into an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.