Crisp the bacon under the grill or in a skillet then cool, it’s then ready to become a bacon and cheese crumb. This recipe provides explanations using either a food processor or blender and mixing bowl, depending on the equipment available.
Bacon and cheese are both indulgent ingredients for dogs but these are treats after all! The bacon cheese cookies smell and taste so good that it will tempt even the humans! As they’re made with whole ingredients, they are perfectly safe for humans to enjoy too, just make sure you leave some for the pups!
Homemade Dog Treat with Bacon and Cheese
- Food Processor / Blender and mixing bowl
- Baking tray
- Rolling Pin
- 9.5 oz oat flour, plus extra for dusting
- 7 oz cheddar cheese
- 2.5 oz bacon, cooked and cooled
- 4 whole egg
- Preheat an oven to 175°C and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Into the bowl of a food processor add the oat flour, cheddar cheese and bacon. Set to high for 2 minutes to combine the ingredients well into a fine mix. Then lower the speed of the mixer and add the eggs, one at a time.
- Transfer the bacon cheese dough to a work surface and dust with extra oat flour.
- Roll the dough into equally-sized small balls, then flatten the ball with the base of your hand to create round, thin biscuits.
- Place the bacon cheese treats onto the baking tray and bake for 20 minutes.
- Once the treats are a crisp light brown remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- When cooled completely, store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2 weeks.
Mix it into a blender add the bacon, cheese, and oat flour, blitz on high until a fine powder. Then transfer into a mixing bowl and add the eggs, stir to combine.