Dog’s enjoy the sweet taste of honey and it has the added benefit as an anti-inflammatory, small quantities can therefore benefit a dog’s health. It’s far safer and cheaper to make tasty treats at home, adjust recipes with your pet’s favorite ingredients, and share with all your doggy neighbors.
Your dog won’t be able to get enough of these treats, filled with healthy, whole, all-natural ingredients. Thankfully, they can be ready in just 35 minutes and last for up to a month.
Homemade Honey Dog Treat Recipe
- Baking tray
- Mixing bowl
- Rolling Pin
- Cookie cutter
- 5 oz Brown Rice Flour
- 5 oz Oats
- 1.5 oz Honey
- 2 whole Egg
- 1 oz Butter, Melted
- 0.25 oz BakingPpowder
- 3.5 oz Milk
- Preheat an oven to 200°C and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Into a mixing bowl add the eggs and lightly beat.
- Then add the honey, butter,baking powder and milk, stir to combine.
- Gradually pour in the brown rice flour and oats, mixing to bring together a smooth dough.
- Turn the dough out onto a surface and knead until a ball is formed.
- Roll the dough out flat to 1cmthick then cut with a cookie cutter, we opted for bone-shaped treat.
- Place the cut treats onto the baking tray and continue with the remaining dough. Re-roll any excess dough and continue to cut until finished.
- Bake the tray of homemade honey dog treats in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Remove the treats from the oven and allow to cool, store in an airtight container and use within 1 month.